Environmental Internship- Summer 2024

Job No: TM14
Location: Tamarack

A blue and black logoDescription automatically generated


Environmental Internship Opportunity- Summer 2024:

Are you a college student passionate about environmental science and eager to gain hands-on experience in the mining industry? Talon Metals USA is offering a unique opportunity for a motivated individual to join our team as a summer intern for college students. You’ll be part of an innovative group of professionals working to develop a high-grade nickel and copper deposit in Aitkin County, Minnesota, crucial for electric vehicles battery production.

Position Overview:

As a Summer College Intern, you’ll work closely with our Environmental Scientists to collect and analyze environmental data in support of baseline studies for future environmental impact assessments. You'll spend approximately 80% of your time in the field, with the remaining 20% wherever needed. A strong work ethic, a keen eye for detail, and passion for success of the mining industry in the US are key qualities desired for this position. This role offers a fantastic chance to develop practical skills in environmental data collection and analysis while contributing to real-world projects.

Key Responsibilities:

  • Working safely everyday while following company Health, Safety and Environment policies, regulations, and procedures.
  • Collection of a variety of sample types while accurately documenting field observations in an outdoor setting.
  • Ability to safely operate light vehicles, boats, and other types of field equipment.
  • Assist in the installation, maintenance, and calibration of field collection instruments.
  • Prepare and maintain written reports and records as required.
  • Deliver environmental samples to local laboratories and/or shipping centers.
  • Other such duties may be required by the Environmental Scientist.


What you will need for this role:

  • Must be enrolled in a college or university program.
  • Ideally pursuing a major in science or engineering
  • Have a valid driver’s license.
  • Ability to lift 50lbs or more and hike through rough terrain.
  • Strong interpersonal skills and a proven team player.
  • Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
  • Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
  • Commitment to work safely, comply with all safety requirements, and report safety and environmental concerns to supervisors.
  • Ability to solve problems in a field environment.
  • Enjoy working outdoors within a team.
  • Comfortable working safely in and near rivers and lakes.
  • Willingness and ability to work outside in all weather conditions during all seasons.
  • Willingness to be within daily commuting distance or stay near the project site in Tamarack Minnesota.


Compensation: This is a 12-week summer internship program. Hourly rate of $17 per hour with no benefits

Don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity to gain valuable experience in environmental science! Apply now to join our dynamic team at Talon Metals USA.

Apply Now

Personal Details * Required field

  1. Digits only or add + for international numbers

  1. (Please click on your profile and copy the URL from your profile page.)


Our Values

To explore and discover domestic sources of critical minerals in a responsible manner. To develop modern mines with safety for people and the environment above all else. To engage with local communities, tribal sovereign governments, and regulatory agencies to shape plans that incorporate interests and address concerns. To think outside the box, try new approaches, and research new technologies for building a sustainable future.